Hey Golfer Golfer! Putt! Putt Golfer!

According to John, you just can't hit 3 other islands and not take your golf clubs. The other two guys agreed, so they hit golf courses on both Kauai and Maui. I had thought about just staying at the hotel while they hacked away, but I'm glad I went. It was a lot of fun and I got some great pictures!
Kauai
This course was all of $9 for 9 holes and was set up in the hills. The carts were $8 and, although the staff was not exactly friendly, the game was great fun and was very beautiful.
Hole #1 It sprinkled off and on the whole time we were there and I didn't notice the droplets on my lens until now. John says its okay...at least it hides his glasses!
Mid-swing. He didn't know I was taking pictures.
Yep, this is chicken feed. They sell this for $.50/bag so you can feed the chickens on the course. When hurricane Iniki came through here in 1992, it pretty much either killed or freed the chickens on Kauai. It was impossible to catch them all and they have pretty much completely repopulated and totally run free all over the island.
Chickens on the golf course.
Maui
This course was $20 with a $20 cart rental. Still not a bad price for golf here in Hawaii. I wasn't there for this so there won't be much commentary from me. Katy took the pictures for us and its amazing how much more dirty the guys (well, mostly John) are without me around. Lets just say the picture selection was slightly limited. "While the cat's away..." and all that.
John said the carts were really cool with GPS and electronic scoring and such, which probably came in handy since he lost 5 balls in the first 9.
Steve
John
Uh...John again.
John's view from his hotel room in Maui. I had to share since I was so jealous. We will be heading to Maui as a family in October! I'm pretty stoked!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News