Family Golf
Yesterday evening we went golfing. We went with some of John's buddies (such an odd word) from work and just went to a par 3 course. This one costs $6 to play and since you have to be at least 7 to be on this course, we had to sneak Miss Fabulous on (we are bad people). It would just cost more than the golf to get a baby sitter and MF loves to be out with us. John even got her a driver and has been teaching her how to use it.
Well, I took my camera but never used it so no pictures. We saw an old WW2 plane flying around overhead and I really wish I had taken a picture of that.
I did okay. Much better than last time but maybe that's because I had no preconceived ideas about how I would do. The first time I played that course I did really well...especially since it was my first time golfing...and I even got the longest drive award. The second time I played there I thought it was easy and pretty much ended up with 9 or more on each hole (remember its a par 3!). My total this time was 64 (I have no idea what my handicap is). Still not even close to terrific but I had fun and the guys were fun to play with too. MF was good out there and stayed close to either myself or John and we just enjoyed the evening together. I did almost hit John in the head (good thing he ducked) and came close to hitting a couple of the other guys too. I guess I just need something to aim at! After golf we stopped and got tacos on the way home and stayed up late watching old Laverne and Shirley episodes. Evenings like this...I just love.
Well, I took my camera but never used it so no pictures. We saw an old WW2 plane flying around overhead and I really wish I had taken a picture of that.
I did okay. Much better than last time but maybe that's because I had no preconceived ideas about how I would do. The first time I played that course I did really well...especially since it was my first time golfing...and I even got the longest drive award. The second time I played there I thought it was easy and pretty much ended up with 9 or more on each hole (remember its a par 3!). My total this time was 64 (I have no idea what my handicap is). Still not even close to terrific but I had fun and the guys were fun to play with too. MF was good out there and stayed close to either myself or John and we just enjoyed the evening together. I did almost hit John in the head (good thing he ducked) and came close to hitting a couple of the other guys too. I guess I just need something to aim at! After golf we stopped and got tacos on the way home and stayed up late watching old Laverne and Shirley episodes. Evenings like this...I just love.
Comments