Thankful Thursday - #5?
I know I skipped last week but here's my TT for this week. To go along with Memorial Day this weekend (well, the observed Memorial Day anyhow), I would like to say I'm thankful for the people who fought and fight for our Freedoms. Most of the time that fight seems so far away from me, so removed both in time and in distance, that it can be a little unreal. It is real. This country would do well to remember that fight is real. It is continuous. We have been spoiled by the ease of our lives, and things DO come easily. Even now. We haven't had a war on this soil since the Civil War and that was amongst ourselves. When we fight, we fight on other soil, in other countries, for other countries. We don't see the fighting except what the media chooses for us. Soldiers - fathers, sons, uncles, brothers, sisters, aunts, daughters, mothers, friends - are fighting for our freedoms. They have fought for centuries. Some give their lives, some their hearts, some just time away from their families. But they give. I know its their job, they get paid to do that. So let them do just that. Let them fight for your freedom, let them fight for other's freedom. Support them even if you don't agree with them. The hardest thing for a soldier is not fighting, is coming home to a country that hates them and the work they do. Remember those who have worked for your freedom, who stand up for you, and who have fallen. I am grateful. Many thanks soldiers!
I know nothing but what I feel and have experienced in my own small life. Please excuse my lack of wisdom, I'm not old enough for it yet and they pulled my wisdom teeth so I doubt I shall ever have any.
I know nothing but what I feel and have experienced in my own small life. Please excuse my lack of wisdom, I'm not old enough for it yet and they pulled my wisdom teeth so I doubt I shall ever have any.
Comments