Thankful Thursday - #2

I have been super swamped and haven't been able to write much. I take a break here and there to read and catch up with others but haven't had a chance to think of anything to write about. This is usually the case with me, but occasionally I get a chance to work on some "projects" which brings me to what I'm thankful for this week...talents. There are many talents and not all of them are crafty. I think being friendly and helpful are some of the not-so-showy talents. I'm not particularly talented in any one area but have a little talent in lots of areas. Or at least I think so. I'm thankful for my talents this week. Here are a few things I've been working on:
As a child, I always wanted to be an artist. In my view, that meant painting. I love painting but get frustrated that things don't turn out as I envision them. Well, after some thought I decided I wasn't getting any better by not doing anything so I started painting again. This little painting is of Astoria, Oregon...sorta. We loved that place and the people we met there. Here's another one with a battery in the picture so you can see how small this is:

I'm happy with it and I've found myself wanting to paint more.



I'm also working on a quilt for Miss Fabulous. I have been working on it off and on for about 18 months now but not all together, I just put it away for a while and forget about it when I get tired of working on it. I will not be doing pinwheels again for a very long time! Its in its final stages...now all I need is a new sewing machine! I'll try to post a picture of it when its done.

Comments

Leslie said…
Hey, I knew before I even read it that was Astoria. I really like that kind of painting.
Jim and Brooke said…
You are amazing!
The quilt reminds me of yours that you used at college!
love, Brooke

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News