Gal Obviously Looks Foolish
That's what GOLF means when I play. The Husband and I went golfing with one of the guys from work and his wife. Our babysitter ended up calling the night before to tell me she couldn't make it but since I was so tired the night before and went to bed at 8:30 I didn't get the message until we were ready to head out the door. So our girl came with us, and she did pretty well...although she did start asking to go home around the 3rd hole. Now this was only a par 3 golf course and only 9 holes (is there par 3s with 18 holes?) which means if you do par on every hole the most you should have is 27 strokes. I had 27 by the 3rd hole...easily. We backed up the course, dozens of people were waiting for us...no, not us...me. I was holding everyone back. It was a sad day. I had never golfed with John, let alone his friend and his wife (whom I hadn't even met before). I was so frustrated and upset that I was on the verge of tears, half out of embarrassment and half out of anger. I'm sure I didn't make a good impression and acted like a spoiled kid who couldn't "get it right". They may never want to golf with us again. So, so sad. However, I will golf again! I want to get better because I feel like I could really like this game/sport but I don't want to go again with anyone but John for a long time.
Comments
P.S. Thanks for the great popcorn!
love,
Brooke