Non-photo update

We got our STUFF on Wednesday! Oh happy day! That makes 71 days of living out of suitcases. Not TOO bad. At least our things made it here and mostly all in one piece. I am now working hard to try to fit all of the furniture in and still be comfortable. We don't quite know what to do with a few things but I'm sure we will figure it out. A good bit of it will be put down in the basement and hope it will be okay down there.
In our house, John and I have allowances. I may have mentioned this before, but we both turn in our cards and get a set amount of cash each month. When the cash is gone, its gone. We still used the plastic form of payment for groceries and gas and other certain planned purchases, but the cash is used for any entertainment or clothing etc. It works for us. I am the money manager in our household. Aaaaaaaand I have now lost John's card. I'm hoping it will turn up soon. I know its in the house somewhere, but the house is in shambles right now. It might be a good thing its lost. Last time he had it to "pitch in for bait" and ended up buying Miss Fabulous a pink fishing pole and several other things. The time before that, it was a pink BB gun for MF. This is why we have this system.
Little Star is SO close to walking. She stands up on her own all the time now and claps for herself almost every time. We are expecting steps ANY day! I also just cut her hair. Just in the front. She won't leave her barrettes or pony tails alone and her hair was always in her eyes. So I just cut the front. I think it looks a little funny (John thinks its cute) but at least I can see her eyes and she can see where she's going.
We are finding a few things to do here. There are several libraries and there's one we go to on Wednesdays for a "Baby Group". Star and I go in and she usually just sits there. Miss Fabulous spends the time picking out books, doing a puppet show, playing with puzzles, or playing on the computer (automatically set up for PBSkids). I've joined a book club, which reminds me that I need to pick up the book so I can read it.
John has been playing quite a bit of softball and doing some fishing and golfing. We all went with him on Monday for some golf. I did okay. I will be glad to find my clubs and be able to take them next time. John's are really nice, but I need to get used to my clubs more.
I guess I better get started on unpacking more boxes. I'm so close to getting the kitchen totally unpacked! My goal for today is to get everything clean and put away in the kitchen so I can cook again. Boxes, here I come!

Comments

TGS said…
I've been wanting to do that with allowances. You'll have to tell me more about that in a email
rachbug said…
Yay for getting your stuff!! Hope the dust settles quickly and you can get back to "normal" life.

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News