Ear Drama

So for about a year Miss Fabulous has been trying to decide if she wants her ears pierced. I have pretty much left it up to her to choose when she's ready. Just before leaving Buffalo and my parents we stopped at a mall to walk around for a few minutes. She decided THAT was the time. She was really excited.
Here she is waiting for the lady to get everything ready. She wanted to hold onto her daddy.
Sitting still while the girl cleaned her ears.
Getting her ears marked so they are even.
Waiting.
Beginning to panic. Such a sad little face.
As soon as the girl got the "gun" up to her ear, she FLIPPED OUT! John and I didn't handle it very well. We felt like she should still go through with it since the earrings were open ($40 no matter what at that point) and she had been SO ready. She screamed and kicked and put up such a fuss that there was no way her ears were getting punctured that day. My dad paid for the earrings (thanks dad) and John tried really hard to calm MF down but he was quickly losing any trace of patience he had. We decided to call it a day and left the mall.
We said goodbye to my parents and headed off to John's grandma's house for the night.
MF now has to wait until she is 16 before she can get her ears pierced. Seriously.

Comments

TGS said…
I always see little girls flipping out in the mall and never get their ears peirced or just one hole would be dona nd then that would be it. I had mine pierced when I was 3 month old. I waited to peirce monkey's when she was 8 months old in the doctors office. When sh'e older is good too since the "gun" won't look so scary! well, you'll have great earrings for her to use when she's older!
I was just thinking about letting Bekah get her ears pierced for her birthday...maybe not. :) Sorry for the drama! Next time she says she wants them, she'll probably really mean it, though. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News