Butterfly Conservatory
We got down near Niagara (the Canada side) and stopped at the Butterfly Conservatory. It was late afternoon/early evening and they were closing in 15 minutes. We bought tickets really quick (thanks Dad!) and went in to see the butterflies.

These guys were basking in the sunlight.
Miss Fabulous telling me that one almost landed on her nose.
They REALLY liked my dad. He always had one or two hanging on him.
This plant with the dark pink...er...fuzzy things is called a chenille plant. It was interesting looking.
I finally got MF to calm down and stand still so the butterflies might land on her and sure enough they finally did!
After we came out, Miss Fabulous wanted to pet the horses. This horse's name is King and is quite a gentle horse.
Then, while we were leaving, this man comes storming through the park area from the Butterfly Conservatory yelling and swearing at the top of his lungs with his kids in tow. Apparently he had bought his bleep tickets ONLINE and now they were bleep CLOSED and they wouldn't REFUND him his bleep money (because the tickets are good all season). He yelled at everyone heading toward the park that it was CLOSED and DON'T BOTHER and threw a huge tantrum. I felt bad for his kids and I did agree that 4:30 was an odd time to close and I probably would have been angry too. I guess everyone handles anger differently.
Comments