Family Visits

Sorry I haven't written much this past month. May was super busy for us. John's sister and her friend came and then we had a week to get ourselves in order before my cousin, Emily, and her husband, Matt, came to visit. Not only did we have visitors but I was the VP for the CGSA and was trying to get the final luncheon put together for May 30 (which went well...we were only $2 over budget and wouldn't have been even that if everyone had stuck to the price range). The luncheon was to say thanks to the out going board and to welcome the new board. So...I no longer have that responsibility!!!! Yeah! Anyway. In addition to family and the CGSA thing, I'm the Secretary for the Relief Society at church and had to have the newsletter finished by close to month's end and the monthly roster. Neither of these are a big task but I just couldn't pull my head out of the fog to write at all. I had a cold for the majority of the time Emily and Matt were here but still tried to help them have a good time while they were here. And THEN I had to teach this last Sunday in RS. I worked on the lesson for about 2 weeks when I could find a few minutes here and there. I had a lot planned (my lesson was on Sister Tanner's "My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord"), playing pictionary with some of the words and encouraging participation and thought about things we can delight in such as Family, Roles as Women, Temples and eternal marriage, Scriptures, etc. with scriptures and examples to go with each thing. I didn't even get half way through and time was up and then the Presidency member who was conducting got up and said, "I'd like to thank Kate for her fun activity. We usually do a lesson but that was fun." I know she didn't mean anything by it but I guess it broke my heart a little. I worked so hard to present it in a way that would be remembered so that the lesson wouldn't be forgotten as soon as the sisters walked out the door, but I guess I should have worked harder and just taught the lesson and not worried about participation. I'm a little sad and not sure I want to teach again...pretty sure the Secretary isn't supposed to teach anyhow.
Anyway...another thing...John was called as the 2nd Counselor in the YM Presidency and as Scoutmaster. I doubt I'll be seeing much of him in the future. He has his work cut out for him with none of the boys in the ward having their Duty to God even started, let alone working toward Eagle. On Sunday evening I got a call from one of my Aunts saying she and my Uncle and 2 of my cousins are coming to Hawaii this Friday or Saturday (whichever they can get a flight) and could 2 of them stay here. Sure. So if I don't write much again for another 2 weeks you'll know why. Better go clean my house for the next wave, and I've got to go get Miss Fabulous ballet and tap shoes since she starts class tomorrow, and I better get groceries while I'm out. Okay...gotta go.

Comments

Orr Family said…
I have been kind of complaining that no one has even said they want to come visit us, and now maybe I will stop complaining!! I thought it would be fun to entertain, but maybe I will enjoy my home to myself!!! Take care, and call me if you want a break from Miss Fabulous! Hayden is done with school this week, and would love someone other than her stinky brothers to play with!!! Take care!
Candace said…
I'm sorry you didn't get the feedback you wanted with your lesson; it DID sound like a lot of fun! You can DEFINITELY learn through the spirit my having fun! As you said, I really don't think she meant it to come across like that. But it still doesn't totally erase how you feel. As to you questions whether or not the RS secretary is supposed to teach, I happen to know the answer: My mom is the Stake RS president and had that question come up in her home ward last week. She looked it up in the handbooks and the answer is no. Secretaries are not supposed to teach. So...I guess you're off the hook now?? If they ask you again, just have them double check in the handbook.
Lovey Dovey said…
Katie. I think that you should just open up your house and let us all move in for a while. Wouldn't that be fun? I keep thinking that we need to come again and just lay on the beaches. Also I know Miss F is your favorite...Steve wrote that he is his fav on my blog...He thinks he is funny. As for the lesson thing don't worry about it...any one having teacher training knows you are supposed to use a variety of ways to present your material and that was a lesson and sounds like a good one too. Love you. lovey dovey
Becky said…
don't forget that as soon as we can buy tickets we are out there for Thanksgiving. I can't wait! Don't get bored hanging out at the same places over and over! I didn't even kow that Emily and Matt were going out there! I guess we should try to slow down enough to visit with everyone!

Anyway - forget what that member of the relief society said. Obviously she needs to feel better about herself and the only way that she can do that is to belittle others. Please think that there HAD to be women in the class that thought the same thing as you. If you really feel wretched about it, then go and talk to her or email her if you get flustered.

Always best to know where each other stand on things!

Love ya!

Bexx

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News