My Car is going on a Diet
Early in 2003, I had a dream. Or maybe I should say a nightmare. I dreamt I had triplets and I was trying to fit all 3 car seats in the back of my little green Toyota Corolla. A few months later we sold the Toyota and bought a Durango. I love that thing and at the time it was a good idea. Then one day I went to Costco and gas had skyrocketed to $1.84! What? I remember filling it and it cost about $35 and I was pretty much devastated. What ever possessed me to buy this gas hog? Oh yeah, that dream about the triplets. I think about that dream often as I pay $3.46/gallon...soon to be $4 I suspect. The hybrids are looking awfully good right now, however the Durango is paid for and its a darn good thing, because I doubt I could pay for gas and a car payment. My goal anymore is to get through 2 weeks on a single tank...needless to say, we don't really go anywhere. I just about died this last Saturday when we went to the beach only to find it cold and rainy at which my husband suggested we drive to the other side of the island to see how the weather was there. In the past I would have readily agreed, happy to be out of the house and confined in the car with my family on our way to somewhere. Saturday I just suggested we go home, change and find something else to do. I'm turning into a miser and all because of the price of gas. I think it might be high time to buy a horse.
Comments
This month the Consumer Reports mag dedicated to cars came out. My husband was irritated to find out that the Impala got a better review than the Pacifica. Doh!