I'm feeling like crud today. I'm tired and my head feels foggy and I'm discouraged. Dash and Star slept most of the day yesterday and I pretty much just folded laundry and looked at sales on the Internet. I'm not sure what I was looking to buy, and in the end I didn't buy anything...except ruffle fabric that I had been planning on buying. I still looked and still wasted a day.
I sold some of our dishes yesterday. I'm tired of having so much stuff that we never use. We have these big plates that we bought 7+ years ago that we don't use because they are just too big, and now I sold them. The person that bought them gave me more than I asked for them because they are generally very expensive. Did I know that when I sold them? No, I did not. I didn't know that they go for roughly $15 per plate/bowl/salad plate. All in all, I sold 24 pieces and had them listed for $12. I got $20. Would I sell them all over again now that I know what they are worth? Yes, yes I would. I also doubt I would have sold them for more. I need to get rid of things in my house and every little bit counts.
My house frustrates me. The amount of paper and THINGS frustrates me. I am my worst enemy in this respect. I'm trying to get on my side. I also have 4 other people working against me. My worst thing: crafting stuff. I can't resist. Well, I do resist, but not all the time. I have a LOT and I didn't realize how much I had until I got it all in one place. Now I know I have 3 rotary cutters (with replacement blades), 4+ pairs of scissors, about 10 random zippers, yards and yards of fabric, a large bin of scraps, paint supplies and canvas, ribbons (both curled and on spools), stamps with ink, office supplies, and more. Lots more. I recently bought a How To Crochet book...because I have so much time to add yet another thing to the list of stuff I don't get around to doing.
I am grateful though. Grateful for a very patient and understanding husband. Grateful for kids who love the craftiness as much as I do and for all their "help". Grateful for parents who encouraged anything I wanted to do. Grateful for a home that has the space (even if it is in the basement) where I can store all my things. Grateful for the talents I have been given and the desire to act on them. Grateful for other crafty friends who have brilliant ideas and share them. Grateful for the ability to try and fail and still want to try more. I'm also grateful for other bloggy moms who inspire me to want to blog and keep a little record of my little life and the big lives of my little ones.
I'm now going to take my tired and grateful self to the couch to curl up and catch up on a little TV and maybe some shut-eye.
I sold some of our dishes yesterday. I'm tired of having so much stuff that we never use. We have these big plates that we bought 7+ years ago that we don't use because they are just too big, and now I sold them. The person that bought them gave me more than I asked for them because they are generally very expensive. Did I know that when I sold them? No, I did not. I didn't know that they go for roughly $15 per plate/bowl/salad plate. All in all, I sold 24 pieces and had them listed for $12. I got $20. Would I sell them all over again now that I know what they are worth? Yes, yes I would. I also doubt I would have sold them for more. I need to get rid of things in my house and every little bit counts.
My house frustrates me. The amount of paper and THINGS frustrates me. I am my worst enemy in this respect. I'm trying to get on my side. I also have 4 other people working against me. My worst thing: crafting stuff. I can't resist. Well, I do resist, but not all the time. I have a LOT and I didn't realize how much I had until I got it all in one place. Now I know I have 3 rotary cutters (with replacement blades), 4+ pairs of scissors, about 10 random zippers, yards and yards of fabric, a large bin of scraps, paint supplies and canvas, ribbons (both curled and on spools), stamps with ink, office supplies, and more. Lots more. I recently bought a How To Crochet book...because I have so much time to add yet another thing to the list of stuff I don't get around to doing.
I am grateful though. Grateful for a very patient and understanding husband. Grateful for kids who love the craftiness as much as I do and for all their "help". Grateful for parents who encouraged anything I wanted to do. Grateful for a home that has the space (even if it is in the basement) where I can store all my things. Grateful for the talents I have been given and the desire to act on them. Grateful for other crafty friends who have brilliant ideas and share them. Grateful for the ability to try and fail and still want to try more. I'm also grateful for other bloggy moms who inspire me to want to blog and keep a little record of my little life and the big lives of my little ones.
I'm now going to take my tired and grateful self to the couch to curl up and catch up on a little TV and maybe some shut-eye.
Comments
I keep thinking about getting a dumpster again. It's been a few months, and I am ready to purge some more.