Graham Cracker Houses
I wish I had the skill or the time to make a true gingerbread house. Or maybe I wish I liked gingerbread so much that I would fore go the convenience of graham crackers and make a TRUE gingerbread house. Its possible I might try making one some year in the future, but definitely not this year.
This year we went with the traditional graham crackers, but I actually made the frosting (which could have used more sugar for the stiffening effect) instead of buying it because I just didn't want to take the extra trip to the store.
So we invited some friends and their candy over to make houses.
This is our before picture. I did take an after picture but I'm not going to bother posting it. Lets just say we made a small mess but it wasn't much different from what was there in the first place. Sad, I know.
Hans really got into trying to build a two story house with a pitched roof.
Miss Fabulous in her typical ballerina/princess outfit did a great job using up a large portion of the frosting and holiday peeps.
John (in total concentration), myself, and MF. Miss Fab was pretty much done at this point and declared herself the winner because she finished first. We are not competitive people. Not at all.
Sheree with her finished masterpiece. She takes the prize for the most use of nerd ropes.
Sheree's finished product. Um...that's the door on the front in case you were wondering.
Hans' final product. No pitch to the roof but he provided gutters and the circle of nerd rope is a wheel. Applause for Hans please.
Miss Fab's house. She was so proud of herself! She said they were silly and built a snowman on the roof. I'm not sure who "they" are but that's a very peepish snowman they have there.
My house. Complete with snow dripping off the roof and giant logs outside. Oh...and I put those candy cane kisses on top just so I could eat them later.
John's was an airplane/house/Noah's ark hybrid. He put a CG stripe on the side and green lights on one side for starboard and red lights on the other for port side.
This year we went with the traditional graham crackers, but I actually made the frosting (which could have used more sugar for the stiffening effect) instead of buying it because I just didn't want to take the extra trip to the store.
So we invited some friends and their candy over to make houses.
It was a fun night and we thank you, Hans and Sheree, for sharing it with us! Maybe we'll have to do the same for Valentines day?
Comments