I swear I'm here

I've just been touring the island off and on with our latest visitors who sadly/happily went home last night. We sure enjoy having people visit! They were happy to go home to their 3 kiddos and and I know it can't be easy staying in someone else's house.

I have picked up a bit of a cold from somewhere, however today is looking better than yesterday was so I'm hoping it won't hang on like the last one did. Just seem to be catching every little thing with this pregnancy. Ugh.

Miss Fabulous had a happy little Easter. The Easter Bunny does not come to our house but John and I do a little something for our girl just to make the day special. We got her a chocolate bunny and some peeps (which she asked for strangely enough and which are only even remotely edible after being blown up in the microwave) and a couple of things for her baby-doll, Annika. Before now, Annika was a normal doll. Now she is stinky every morning and she requires quite a bit more attention. The peeps were tried and the remaining box is just sitting on the counter...at what point do I just throw them away? I mean, I'm pretty sure they don't go bad right? Food storage? hehe. Anyway. The chocolate bunny I wish I had had on video. You see, MF had no idea it was a CHOCOLATE bunny all wrapped in cute bunny foil. I asked her on Wednesday if she was going to eat her bunny and she looked confused. I told her there was chocolate inside so she started opening the box. As she peeled away the foil, she exclaimed "Look! There's chocolate feet!" and going to the other end, "Look! And chocolate ears! And a chocolate face!" Then she took a couple of bites and carefully wrapped it back up and put it back in the box. She came back every once in a while yesterday for little bites but I have never known a child to just gingerly eat a chocolate bunny. Most children would have just eaten the thing straight out or tried to anyway. I love this girl! She surprises me like crazy all the time.

My house is clean for the time being and I'm getting antsy to decorate the baby's room. I just need John to haul the big furniture down from that room to the garage so we can sell it and the piano out of there so it can be played. I'm going to get the crib down from the rafters in the garage and do touch ups and clean ups and I really need to get started on the changing table/dresser that I pulled from someone else's trash pile. That's right, I "dumpster dived" only without the dumpster. Its really solid but needs some TLC and I'm hoping I can do the picture in my head some sort of justice. I will take before and after pictures...if I remember.

So I'm around and if anyone who lives near me and reads this needs a cake for anything...or just to eat...let me know. I'm making the cake for my sister's wedding and need to practice. I'm excited and nervous at the same time but I know she'll love it even if I think it looks like the pits.

Well I'm going to go eat some artichoke dip for breakfast because it sounds good and I can. I will be back to post pictures within the next few days...hopefully!

Comments

Heffalump said…
Well, it sounds like you are staying pretty busy!
Almost every year I get sucked in to buying peeps, and I ALWAYS regret it. This year I managed to refrain, so that is progress.
Orr Family said…
Hey, do you want to make a cake for Addison's Birthday on May 12th?? I am going to throw a little party for him at his school! You and MF could come too!! Addison wants Dots and sprinkles on his yellow cake, not too hard! Let me know!! It was nice to see you today, I have missed you!
I just threw away some peeps that were hidden in a cabinet in my kitchen. I don't think they were necessarily bad, just hard and I was sick of seeing them in there...they were a left over package from "grandpa robbing the easter bunny" last year. And I love how Miss Fabulous slowly ate her chocolate rabbit. Such a cute, endearing story.
Good luck with your to-do list, too...it's a big one, but babies are good motivators!

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News