Hanging on

I'm finally feeling good. That cold sure hit me hard and as soon as it started to go, I got hives. I'm still a little itchy and my feet are full force right now which makes it a little hard to walk but really, I'll take that over a stuffy head and cough-til-you-drop cold any day. This pregnancy is so different than any of the others...especially when I had MF...I just don't know what to expect.
We are still debating over a name and my mom has started asking what the name of the week is since we seem to be settled on a new name every time I talk to her.
Miss Fabulous is still in dance and her recital is coming up here in 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure she is going to be the only little girl laying on the floor and rolling around during the performance. I don't know if she's bored, tired or what but that girl does things her own way and has now started telling me that ballet is too hard and she should have picked somersaults (I gave her a choice of dance, gymnastics, soccer, t-ball, etc). Of course its going to be hard when you don't pay attention and you end up being the kid every teacher dreads seeing come to class. I'm not sure I'll be putting her in dance after this. I'd like to see her keep at it if only to teach her that she can do hard things if she puts her mind to it. I also don't want to push her into something she doesn't want to do. We only have a year left here and who knows what kind of huge costs the dance classes will be in other places so maybe it will be good to not have her totally hooked on ballet and tap. She will be starting kindergarten this year anyway...maybe dance on top of all-day school will be too much. Oh well, we'll see. I probably should get her registered for school one of these days!
I have about a month and a half before I head to Utah for my sister's wedding. I still haven't done any practicing on any cakes (Heather, I will make the cake for you but won't be able to go) or fondant but I'm getting more confident in my abilities since I have been watching so many cake shows on TV. Yeah...I'm just absorbing all that talent. Okay, so I'm a little lazy but I'm still feeling good about the whole thing. I still haven't even started skirts for MF or myself and I really wish I was there to help with all the preparations. Poor me...so far away...maybe I'll just go to the beach. :0)
Anyway. I've been thinking about our upcoming move (yes, a year away) and we have to decide where we want to go and then submit our list in the order of first choice, second choice, etc. It has been really hard deciding. I don't want to stay in Hawaii although we do have a nice home here and John loves all the fun things he gets to do. I will miss the beach. I think maybe I was supposed to stay here long enough to really love the beach before having it taken away. We are looking at possibly going to northern Washington or northern California but we really don't know.
Well I've rambled on quite a bit already and my leftover dessert from last night is calling to me. I had better answer. :0)

Comments

Heffalump said…
Glad you are feeling better for the most part!
I think you should come back to Astoria...you can do that right? Then you would still have a beach and be among people that love you and miss you!
Kate said…
I think we should stay in Hawaii!!!! Just kidding maybe put out the places we could go and see what people think.
our big bus said…
Yes my vote is for Astoria.
*~McGarys~* said…
well around 100 days left and we can all see your new little princess:) I think change is nice but I wish we could have been in HI long enough for Noah to have grown up a little more to enjoy it. I'm sure that you will like where ever you go:)
Kate said…
That previous "me" would be John commenting. We'd love to go back to Astoria, so far no openings in John's job there for next year. We hope to eventually go back for another tour. MF will probably be heading for high school by then, but it would be nice!
Kate said…
Sitka, AK
Port Angeles, WA
Everett, WA
Portland, OR
Humbolt Bay, CA
Monterey Bay, CA
Just a few
Leslie said…
I think we need to live closer to each other so we can enjoy those grandchildren and they can know us before we're not around anymore. Love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News