Day #3 - Master Bedroom

So here's the deal. I stink at time management. Plus, I have a horrible memory. Neither one is great to have, both is definitely not ideal.
Last Thursday, when I actually completed scrubbing this room down, I took my pictures and set the camera aside until I had a little more time to sit down at the computer. The next morning came and I remember that I went back to my room to get socks and I noticed that a child (or two) had half unloaded the bookshelf. This happens off and on, but I remember thinking to myself "Boy I'm glad I took those pictures yesterday so I wouldn't have to pick up those books right now." I went on with my day. Fridays are generally very busy days and so at some point, I eventually got the chance to sit and load the pictures.
But WAIT! Where is my CF card? *sigh* In the computer. I hadn't even noticed when I was taking the pictures that my CF card wasn't in there. Bummer. So I spent a little time straightening up the bedroom before I took the "after" pictures. I also took the "before" pictures of the computer/paper attack area at the same time.

Master Bedroom "before"

Not horrible over there...mostly because John had just put his clothes away that are usually stacked in front of his dresser.
The catch all. So sad that I let this area get so bad. It takes less than a day. Included in this horrible mess are all the books that go on the shelves (on the right), bags of clothes that need to be donated, my clean clothes all folded and ready to be put away (or just worn), two dresses that a friend loaned me (hanging on the dresser), rugs, blankets, sheets (they WERE clean), winter and winter clothes to be put where they belong. It is all my responsibility. My mess apparently.


Afterward. For my birthday, I had gone and bought pillows and that fluffy pale yellow rug in addition to several other things and I'm pretty happy with them! They almost make the bare walls not quite so bare.

It does look kind of echo-y in there doesn't it? I left John's dresser alone for the most part. I don't know what to do with his things so I just let him take care of it. I washed the walls, windows, mirrors, and blinds, scrubbed the floor, organized my side of the closet (forgot to take a picture of it the second time around) and the little bookshelf full of the kids books, polished the furniture, found places for all the random things haunting my dresser, and took care of the huge MESS!

My only wish - that there was enough wall space to have the bed not cover part of the window. I love all of those wonderful and fun ideas for decorating above a bed and I don't feel like I can do any of them. I do have some plans for some canvas on John's side of the room. I may get to it after I finally get this house cleaned up and shining like new.

Comments

Coley Loree said…
Looking good lovie! You are working hard over there! Why not put the bed where your dresser is? Then you can do the over the bed decor ideas that you have and your window will be unblocked. Move your dresser to where the bed is against the wall. It will give you a little more space in the room too.
Kate said…
We tried that. The bed (and the two nightstands) didn't fit. One nightstand did fit, but that put the other person against the wall without a nightstand. I don't think either one of us is willing to give up a little table space. I still contemplate it off and on. That's what we get for getting the king size bed finally.

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News