Day 1 - Basement boxes/kids clothes

This took me a LOT longer than I had anticipated. Here's the start picture...sort of.
I really had only planned to work on the boxes of children's clothing. I considered myself pretty good at keeping things sorted, labelled, and put away. I don't know why I ever thought that of myself. I would just get done...or think I was done...when I'd find ANOTHER box filled with 3 different sizes and with both boy and girl clothing. ACK!!! I also haven't had the pleasure of dealing with cold weather/warm weather clothing either before now. Warm weather year around has its perks!
I got the majority of the cold weather clothing packed away, the warm weather clothing clean and in the proper drawers, next winter's clothes sorted and ready to be switched out this coming fall, and all the tiny baby items stowed away for possible use in the future. Whew!
In the end I have this:

3 boxes of clothes to be sold or donated.
1 bag of unuseable, torn, severely stained, or paint smeared clothing.

And a nice stack of boxes full of clothing and baby items ready for future use!

I feel pretty happy with myself. My house is still in shambles (its usual state as you will see in the days to come) but these boxes are squared away and my children have drawers full of clean clothes for the Spring and Summer.

Comments

Leslie said…
Good job, Katie. I'm so impressed. Too bad this trait didn't rub off on your mom. Dad and I are slowly working at it though before you all come. Love you.
Way to go! I'm excited to see all the progress you will be making! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News