My blog is calling...

and I can only ignore it for so long. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I want to re-cap the last 3 weeks, but then I don't really. It was a crazy time and I don't have the memory space to try to remember exactly what we did. I know we had Thanksgiving. I made several bags...which maybe I should post pictures? OH! John and I were invited to a New Moon party. Now, before you all think I'm totally into Twilight, I'm not. And neither is John...he doesn't read. Well, he CAN read...he just doesn't unless it helps him get further in his career and even then... and although I do like to read, I haven't had the desire to read Twilight nor the time to read ANYTHING for that matter, I mean other than a cookbook. Hehe.
Anyway. We went to the New Moon party. It was a "no children" event so we searched high and low for a babysitter for the girls. I have to say, its easier finding a sitter when you have one child as opposed to two. A friend volunteered and I think Miss Fabulous had a good time and the friend (and her family) got their baby fix with little Star. Since it was a Twilight themed party, we were supposed to bring an Italian side dish and a Twilight themed door prize. Side dish...easy peasy, door prize...? Hmm. I didn't want to take something that you could get anywhere, I knew nothing about the books or movies, and I didn't have $20 or so to buy anything anyway. So I made this:

It doesn't exactly say "Twilight" but I thought the black, red, and white were enough. Upon arrival, we were asked to chose a name tag, each tag having a character's name. We were to refer to each other by our character name and if someone called us by our real name, we got a point. It was fun...I was Emily and John was Sam. All I know about them is they are wolves and Sam likes Emily's muffins...or so I hear. There were themed drinks, lots of yummy food, Twilight jeopardy, and lots of talk over the movie and books. We sure enjoyed ourselves and hope to be able to get out again soon! It was so much FUN! A big Thank You to the hosts of the party AND to Monique for watching the girls!

And hopefully this blog won't go the way of my journals...written in once a month with a sorry excuse about why I've missed so much time. I love blogging, I just need to do it!

Comments

Millie said…
I NEED that darling bag. How much?

Your hostess sounds like my friend Sariah - totally into hosting fabulous theme parties. Sounds like it was fun.

I can't believe you haven't read the books yet. They're so much better than the movies, seriously.
Kate said…
I haven't seen the movies yet either. :0)

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News