5 days 'til home & pictures by and of MF

Things have calmed down here quite a bit since the wedding is over and there isn't a whole lot of running around to do. We've been keeping ourselves occupied here and there but haven't done a whole lot either. We met a couple of cousins at a nearby park so the little girls could play and we could visit a little and another day we went to the pool. It has a neat pirate ship with a slide and Miss Fabulous and my cousin's little girl, K, had fun and would have stayed all day had we let them. There were just SO many kids and a few that were not very nice and after being there for nearly 2 hours I was done and so we left. My poor MF will have to put up with a mom who really doesn't do well in huge crowds. I so wish I did, but mostly people frustrate me...well maybe that's not the way to put it. I believe people in general are good, well meaning, and happy...but when you go to a crowded place it seems all manners fly out the window and everything becomes a "me first" kind of thinking. Also, in places where there are a lot of kids...there seems to always be some kid or another who just really likes being nasty to the other kids and they usually seem to have a parent who either thinks its cute or just doesn't care. Yes, I suppose I do have control issues.
Anyhow...I wasn't going to go into that very far but maybe sometime I'll tell you how I really feel. :0) Yeah...and we went to the zoo yesterday (yet another crowded place!) and I took a bunch of pictures and nearly all of them were fuzzy. Grrr...I really need to work on my photographing skills. Here are a few photos I pulled off the camera this morning. Miss Fabulous loves to sneak my camera and take pictures so there are often times when I load pictures and there are pictures of bright blue eyes or floors or papers or whatever else is at little girl height.
My mom...taken by MF
My older sister...also taken by MF
An MF self portrait.
MF riding the carousel. She immediately picked the dolphin to ride and as soon as I put her on it she shooed me away. She seemed to like it quite a bit...she said that was her favorite part of the zoo, probably because we didn't get over to see the penguins (of which she reminded me over and over after we left the zoo). See how her arms are wrapped around the pole? She stayed like that the entire ride.

Miss Fabulous has been missing her daddy quite a bit lately so I thought I'd include these for John, who is at home living it up as a bachelor.
Kisses for daddy! We will be home in 5 days and we will be back into getting things ready for Star and for MF to start kindergarten!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such cute pics - glad you're home safe and you had a good time.

There's a Peck here with an acorn pointed at me!!

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News