Concert of King's
Last night I went with some of my family to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and The King's Singers. I didn't have the sense to take a camera so there aren't any pictures (sorry!).
The evening went something like this...
Left Fae home with my sister to eat sugar and watch TV.
Had to wear a dress...in the cold...brrrrrrr.
Dropped off my grandma, aunt, and mom since there was no parking.
Waited in traffic.
Waited.
Looked for a parking spot.
Nope.
Waited.
Looked again for a parking spot.
Yes!!!!
Walked 3 blocks in the cold.
Waited in line in the cold.
Through security, then up the escalator.
Up, up, up!
Ohhhhhhh....loooooook at alllllllll the peeeeple.
Chat chat chat.
Yes, they're starting!
Listening...the beginning started a little slow. The King's Singers were amazing. They sang a variety of songs with and without the MoTab and the orchestra. My all time favorite Christmas song, Oh, Holy Night was beautiful! At times I couldn't tell where the orchestra ended and the choir began. It was such a blend and very powerful that I was glad I was sitting in the nose-bleed section so the sounds weren't distracted by the sights. It really was amazing. They also sang a fun version of Jingle Bells and did the 12 days of Christmas with dancers dressed as each gift. I loved the 6 geese a-laying. They were so funny!!! But...soon it was...
Over.
We waited.
Waited.
And waited...for the building to clear a little.
Then I took off on my 3 block hike through the cold.
Got to the car.
Waited in traffic.
More traffic.
More traffic.
Picked up the ladies.
And eventually got home.
It was a nice evening with only one casualty...a poor lady who fell down the steep stairs and cut her head open and the paramedics had to come. I hope she's okay!
And as for doing it ever again...I'm not sure. Maybe if I rent a limo that will drop me off at the door?
The evening went something like this...
Left Fae home with my sister to eat sugar and watch TV.
Had to wear a dress...in the cold...brrrrrrr.
Dropped off my grandma, aunt, and mom since there was no parking.
Waited in traffic.
Waited.
Looked for a parking spot.
Nope.
Waited.
Looked again for a parking spot.
Yes!!!!
Walked 3 blocks in the cold.
Waited in line in the cold.
Through security, then up the escalator.
Up, up, up!
Ohhhhhhh....loooooook at alllllllll the peeeeple.
Chat chat chat.
Yes, they're starting!
Listening...the beginning started a little slow. The King's Singers were amazing. They sang a variety of songs with and without the MoTab and the orchestra. My all time favorite Christmas song, Oh, Holy Night was beautiful! At times I couldn't tell where the orchestra ended and the choir began. It was such a blend and very powerful that I was glad I was sitting in the nose-bleed section so the sounds weren't distracted by the sights. It really was amazing. They also sang a fun version of Jingle Bells and did the 12 days of Christmas with dancers dressed as each gift. I loved the 6 geese a-laying. They were so funny!!! But...soon it was...
Over.
We waited.
Waited.
And waited...for the building to clear a little.
Then I took off on my 3 block hike through the cold.
Got to the car.
Waited in traffic.
More traffic.
More traffic.
Picked up the ladies.
And eventually got home.
It was a nice evening with only one casualty...a poor lady who fell down the steep stairs and cut her head open and the paramedics had to come. I hope she's okay!
And as for doing it ever again...I'm not sure. Maybe if I rent a limo that will drop me off at the door?
Comments