The Zoo ~ Our Natural Habitat
Yesterday was a very busy day! John left for training in California for a week, so we took him to the airport around 5:15 a.m. We got home and watched part of a movie that I've been trying to watch for a week now so I can return it to Netflix. We got breakfast and around 8:30 Alana came over (I was watching her for the day since her mother had to work). We were headed to the zoo for the day...something Fae and I hadn't done since we got here and everyone else seems to have an annual pass for (we only have annual passes for unimportant things like the water park). So around 9 we headed into Downtown Honolulu to see the animals...well, the ones in cages anyway. After making a stop to get money and another one to drop off the duty phone John forgot to leave at work we eventually arrived at the zoo...only 15 minutes late. Our friends, the Sarpis, met us there and we roamed around the zoo.
They had a pretty neat Keiki (Children's) Zoo where they had this Koi fish tank. There's a tunnel that goes thru it and has an open circle in the middle...so I climbed in with Fae!
This giraffe was really close. There were 4 giraffes, two zebras, a rhino and an ostrich in this enclosure and we loved watching them roam around. (L-R: Kalani, Alana, Fae and Gabriel)
It was a pretty hot day so we tried to get a little shade when we could. I think Fae was being a little bossy in this picture.
We ate lunch and the kids played on this giraffe. Fae kept telling all the other kids that they needed to take turns...and that it was almost always HER turn.Anyway we left around 1:30ish and had enough time to go home, make dinner to take to someone, get our swimsuits on and head to a birthday party. The party was fun with an Island Princess theme. Alana's mom picked her up there and we went home around 5:30 to change and go grocery shopping. Finally around 8 we got home, Fae went to bed and I had time for a little movie...if only I hadn't slept thru it! Anyway...that was my day! Am I the only one that ends up with a weeks worth of things in one day? Sheesh...I need a vacation.
Comments