King Richard's Faire

We took the kids to a place called King Richard's Faire.  It is only open for September and October, and we hadn't ever been.  It was...interesting.  I probably would have loved it more in high school.  Actually, I would definitely have loved it if I were in HS.  But I'm not.  I have small children, I don't drink alcohol, and I am really conservative with my money.  This place was EXPENSIVE.  It wasn't too bad to get in, we had discount tickets. 
 One of our first stops after entering was Princess training.  The girls were good and attentive...I was bored.  I'm not sure what I thought Princess training was going to be like, but I thought it might involve some fun.  I was wrong.  John took Dash to see the jugglers and I sorely wished to join them.
 We bought $60+ worth of tickets (you had to buy tickets to get food).  Those tickets got us one bottle of water, one bottle of soda, two pretzels, kettle corn, some roasted almonds, a turkey leg, a baked potato, a cup of chowder, and 2 drinks.  I think we ended up with one ticket left over.
True, we could probably have hauled in our own food, but we had NO idea the food (and everything else) would be that expensive.  We are happy to make it a one time experience.
We saw some large tigers, a parade-ish, some jousting, and a LOT of interesting people.  It was a nice chance to get out of the house and spend some time together.

Comments

BreeTheFlea said…
That looks like fun (although expensive) we have a local (well two hours away) faire once a year for two days but I haven't been since we had kids. I should put it on the calendar for next year...

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News