Thank you, Star

I maybe should delete that last post, but I think its cute. Star, who is just tall enough to stick her little fingers in the drawer where the keyboard is sitting, somehow managed to type that last post title and then publish it. So nice of her since I haven't posted in over a week. I did have the "new post" screen up and was contemplating writing (which I do quite often but then I don't post) so I guess it was my fault I left it open.
So I guess I'll ramble a little while I'm here.
John is gone this week (to a class for work) and was supposed to be back tomorrow. He called earlier in the week and told me they have another class next week and he is staying for that one too since they had an opening. As much as I'd like to have him home, more than likely they'd send him away to it in February or so and I'd be really close to having this baby. He'll be home for Halloween and pre-Halloween (the 30th) so I'm glad about that. The girls sure miss their daddy when he's gone and I miss looking forward to his coming home from work each day. There isn't much to break up my day right now.
Miss Fabulous is doing okay at school. I haven't heard anything bad, but then again, this school doesn't seem to be very good at communicating. She is doing MUCH better on the bus and is loving that I let her take Calvin and Hobbes with her to read on the bus. She doesn't seem to want to eat much these days. I'm hoping its just a phase...she's been like this before but not since she's been in school. The girl doesn't talk about much and its VERY hard to get any information out of her! She is REALLY excited about having a brother but is once again impatient for the baby to come.
Star is actively involved in disassembling the house. I swear I put the plastic ware, measuring cups, and cookie cutters away a dozen times a day. She ALWAYS wants to go bye-bye. She is so funny to watch. I remember MF being that way too. I love just watching them. I can just see them trying to figure things out! Star has a bit of a short patience...she just gets frustrated easily. She is jibber-jabbering quite a bit and I often wish I knew what she is saying. She is so serious the whole time she's "talking" and then she gives me the funniest smile.
I have lists of stuff to do. I'm avoiding all of them. Well, not so much avoiding, but maybe procrastinating them. I have a HUGE list of things to make for Christmas, a house that needs constant attention, the kids (of course), Halloween costumes to start and finish, birthday presents to make, baby stuff to get in order, and a home that I'm still trying to beautify! Unfortunately, I've picked up a short fuse and attention span these days. A friend of mine posted about cleaning her house 5 minutes at a time. Write each room on a small piece of paper and put them in a bowl. Then its 5 minutes of play time, 5 minutes of cleaning picking a different room each time. I have been surprised at how fast the 5 minutes of cleaning goes by and I find myself a lot happier to do a little at a time rather than staring at the messy house and wondering where to begin! So today I'm scrubbing and, if I can get things done quickly, I'll start on projects too. I have a LOT of cutting to do! Anyway...I've long exceeded my 5 minutes of play time. Back to work!

Comments

Leslie said…
So cute you have a budding blogger living at your house. I think that is kind of precious.
Jim and Brooke said…
I'm so sorry, I haven't read anyones blog in a while. So I get on yours and find out you are having a boY!!! Yay!!!! So super fun! Glad pregnancy is going good!

So sorry about MF and school. Keep trying to work with the staff. I'm sure they will soon realize what a caring and involved mom you are, and the bright and creative student she is. Don't loose hope. Love you!
Leslie said…
Can't read the words under your baby ticker.

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News