The good news is...
we are having a BOY!
The bad news...I got another phone call from the school. I'm starting to wonder if #1) any nice people actually work at the school and #2) how long they were going to wait before they told me what was going on. I Am SO Stinkin' ANGRY with this school. I really would like to insert curses, but I'm not really that type of girl.
I've been sending Miss Fabulous to school for over a month now. For the first couple of weeks she came home acting sad and telling me that she didn't have any friends at school. I told her to be patient and kind and that she would eventually make friends. After a while she told me she was making friends and that school was going good. We talked about what she did at school each day. Then I get a phone call. She was disrespectful to her teacher, started throwing a fit, screaming and yelling, and after she was taken to the principals office, she refused to tell her her name. Eventually she calmed down, but the damage was done. I met with her teacher and the school social worker to discuss what we could do for MF. Her teacher stated that she told the kids she was NOT a babysitter, that's not what she went to school for. I seriously doubt that made a difference to Miss Fab. To MF, her teacher should be her friend and leader. This teacher obviously is only there to teach...without being the friend. I can deal with that. What I CANNOT deal with is the attitude of "MF is a troublemaker and she WILL be suspended if need be" that I feel oozing out of this teacher. Fine. I at least felt like the social worker was more sympathetic to Miss Fab. She now has a standing appointment every Friday to eat lunch with the social worker and discuss anything her little heart desires.
The day after meeting with the Teacher, MF got off the bus but the driver wanted to talk to me. MF was hitting and spitting on the bus and would not sit in her seat. I DO NOT tolerate ANY of that behavior. He told me he had to write her up. I wasn't sure what that meant, but thanked him for telling me and went home to look up the student handbook to figure out if that meant no more bus riding or what. The Handbook said she basically had 3 strikes before being suspended from the bus for 5 days. This was strike number 1. I talked to Miss Fab. She was given consequences for her actions and we also thought of other things she could do on the bus to keep her occupied. I sent her to school the next day and hoped she would be good. The driver said she did great yesterday, and hopefully she does well today too.
I got a phone call from the principal today. She just got MF's write up from the bus and she is suspended from riding the bus on Tuesday. WHAT??? No warnings? Nothing? Basically the attitude I got from her was that she also has dubbed MF a troublemaker and she's "nipping it in the bud". I asked her about the three write-ups before a suspension is given and she said that as principal, she can do what she wants. WHAT? I am so angry. I feel like I have no one on my side. My daughter is in their care all day, every day. I never hear a word from them and then THIS week I get bombarded? I am seriously Hating this area right now. I am thinking of calling the social worker to see what can be done and if nothing can be done, I will be checking other schools to see if they can offer my child an education that will not cost her her desire to learn. I am so worried that the casualty in this will be her love for learning. If she only had uncaring adults around her all day, what else will that teach her? Kids feel things more accutely and I'm afraid if I'm feeling this way, what can she be feeling that she isn't telling me?
Anyway. This is the damper on my day. I was so happy to go to my ultrasound but this business with the school has completely overshadowed my happiness for now.
Sorry for the vent-age. I really am so happy to be having a boy! Gotta go pick up my girl from the bus.
The bad news...I got another phone call from the school. I'm starting to wonder if #1) any nice people actually work at the school and #2) how long they were going to wait before they told me what was going on. I Am SO Stinkin' ANGRY with this school. I really would like to insert curses, but I'm not really that type of girl.
I've been sending Miss Fabulous to school for over a month now. For the first couple of weeks she came home acting sad and telling me that she didn't have any friends at school. I told her to be patient and kind and that she would eventually make friends. After a while she told me she was making friends and that school was going good. We talked about what she did at school each day. Then I get a phone call. She was disrespectful to her teacher, started throwing a fit, screaming and yelling, and after she was taken to the principals office, she refused to tell her her name. Eventually she calmed down, but the damage was done. I met with her teacher and the school social worker to discuss what we could do for MF. Her teacher stated that she told the kids she was NOT a babysitter, that's not what she went to school for. I seriously doubt that made a difference to Miss Fab. To MF, her teacher should be her friend and leader. This teacher obviously is only there to teach...without being the friend. I can deal with that. What I CANNOT deal with is the attitude of "MF is a troublemaker and she WILL be suspended if need be" that I feel oozing out of this teacher. Fine. I at least felt like the social worker was more sympathetic to Miss Fab. She now has a standing appointment every Friday to eat lunch with the social worker and discuss anything her little heart desires.
The day after meeting with the Teacher, MF got off the bus but the driver wanted to talk to me. MF was hitting and spitting on the bus and would not sit in her seat. I DO NOT tolerate ANY of that behavior. He told me he had to write her up. I wasn't sure what that meant, but thanked him for telling me and went home to look up the student handbook to figure out if that meant no more bus riding or what. The Handbook said she basically had 3 strikes before being suspended from the bus for 5 days. This was strike number 1. I talked to Miss Fab. She was given consequences for her actions and we also thought of other things she could do on the bus to keep her occupied. I sent her to school the next day and hoped she would be good. The driver said she did great yesterday, and hopefully she does well today too.
I got a phone call from the principal today. She just got MF's write up from the bus and she is suspended from riding the bus on Tuesday. WHAT??? No warnings? Nothing? Basically the attitude I got from her was that she also has dubbed MF a troublemaker and she's "nipping it in the bud". I asked her about the three write-ups before a suspension is given and she said that as principal, she can do what she wants. WHAT? I am so angry. I feel like I have no one on my side. My daughter is in their care all day, every day. I never hear a word from them and then THIS week I get bombarded? I am seriously Hating this area right now. I am thinking of calling the social worker to see what can be done and if nothing can be done, I will be checking other schools to see if they can offer my child an education that will not cost her her desire to learn. I am so worried that the casualty in this will be her love for learning. If she only had uncaring adults around her all day, what else will that teach her? Kids feel things more accutely and I'm afraid if I'm feeling this way, what can she be feeling that she isn't telling me?
Anyway. This is the damper on my day. I was so happy to go to my ultrasound but this business with the school has completely overshadowed my happiness for now.
Sorry for the vent-age. I really am so happy to be having a boy! Gotta go pick up my girl from the bus.
Comments
Sorry about the school problems. Does the school only have one teacher per grade? I'd request a different teacher, some kids and teachers just aren't compatible. I hope things get better soon.
Ok why can you only comment on here with a google account? What was my password again...
Love you!
Now you can start buying really cute boy clothes!! Ross has good options. Do you have one near you?