Cranberry Harvest Festival
I've been trying to load pictures on here for a while and finally figured that I just have to try loading fewer pictures at a time.
My parents drove down from Toronto on Friday to spend Saturday and Sunday with us. They left this morning, but we were happy to have them here for even a short visit.
While they were here, we went to a nearby Cranberry Harvest Festival.
First thing, Miss Fabulous wanted a balloon animal...a pink dog on a leash. We warned her to not let it drag on the ground and went off to explore all the booths, rides, crafts and the cranberry bogs.
Star was on-the-go the minute we got her out of her stroller. She LOVED the freedom of exploring!
The workers harvesting the cranberries in one of the bogs.
The pictures don't do it justice. The berries were just so pretty!
John and Miss Fabulous made a "bog in a cup" and got instructions on how to create their own bog at home.

I just have to put a picture of my cute girl in here and there.
My dad's hat blew off and flew into one of the bogs. The sides were fairly steep so there wasn't much chance of getting it out ourselves, although we DID tell MF that we were just going to toss her in after it. Eventually my dad asked a worker for a rake but she just fished it out for us.
Another view of the harvest.
We went on a wagon ride and while on it, the leash part of MF's balloon popped. She was quite upset to say the least.
Star with Grandpa.
"See?" Star says. She was pointing out a helicopter to Grandma. Star's vocabulary is quickly expanding!
Star exploring a harvester.
My dad is such a sucker when it comes to these girls! MF just has to ask and she gets pretty much whatever she wants!
So they got pony rides! Star wasn't too fond of being on the horse.
I think Miss Fabulous could have stayed on one all day! She LOVES horses!
AND they go "train" rides. I was going to ride with Star, but daddy was too quick! I think he might be a little too big for it, don't you think?
My parents drove down from Toronto on Friday to spend Saturday and Sunday with us. They left this morning, but we were happy to have them here for even a short visit.
While they were here, we went to a nearby Cranberry Harvest Festival.
After the train, we headed over to look over the craft tent. Grandpa had bought the girls some cranberry chocolate chip cookies so I gave each of them one while we walked around. About a minute later, this is what we had:
She fell asleep with a whole mouthful of cookie! These girls never stop amazing me! I got her cleaned up and we finished browsing (and a little buying too) and headed off to find some lunch.
We finished the afternoon at a shopping center where I was able to find some GREAT deals on a few baby boy clothes.
We had a fun day and we are loving the cool weather here!
Comments