EEEEEEeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr PRRKKKKSSSSHHH!

Yep, it finally did it. It Crashed. I should say I was expecting it and was prepared. I should be able to say that while I was expecting it, I saved everything to an external drive or backed up at least every week or even every month. That would be a big NO. The last time we backed up...according to the many CDs we have stacked up with dates and files written all over them...was September 2006. After the cd burner called it quits around that time, we just stopped backing up. Well, not exactly. We bought a flash drive and tried saving everything to that, not knowing that we had WAY more than just 1 G worth of information on it. So we only saved 1 G worth of stuff and planned on getting another 2 G at some point. And guess what 1 G we have saved? Yep, that's right, the same stuff we have on the CDs. Mostly we lost pictures, unhappily enough. I'm sad to have a whole year in pictures just disappear. The computer will be fine. We just have to find the original discs (yes, after 5 1/2 years we still have them...somewhere) and reload everything. Personally I just think it was jealous of the laptop sitting next to it. I finally plugged in the laptop and set it up so we could use it for whatever came to us and a couple hours later the computer started acting up. Or maybe it was trying to show off and didn't realize that it had been outdated 5 years ago. Well, I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Comments

Heffalump said…
Losing a year's worth of pictures is the WORST. I would be crying.
Kate said…
I pretty much was. I know I sent a lot to family...the best ones...but I will still miss the others. I should have scrapbooked them when I had the chance.
Candace said…
EEEEK! I would be freaking out! We were just talking about needing to back everything up the other day....maybe we should actually do it. I so sorry. That is sad. :(
Erickson Family said…
There are things you can do to recover the stuff. It costs anywhere from $100 to $300. You'd probably be closer to the $100-$200. Call super geeks or the like. I was ready to pay the close to $3000 for mine when I miraculously discovered that I had backed up the pictures I thought I'd lost forever. It was Tatum's 1st bday and I was devastated! But I must have done it in a late night computer session and forgot!
Erickson Family said…
p.s. How did you finally figure out the background thing? I have been trying to upload one of the ones from Pyzam for weeks GRR!!
Rob and Mitzi said…
I found your blog off of Candace Evan's. I was excited because I've been meaning to email you. We have the option of moving to Hawaii for at least three years possibly seven. What is the good, the bad, and the ugly of Hawaii. I want all the details. I love your blog!
Unknown said…
aw, bummer...
enjoying peeking around your blog! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News