100 Things You'll Wish You Didn't Know

1. I have a dream that someday I will run a marathon. Usually I wake up though.

2. I cried from the day I turned 7 until about 12. Its true, just ask my mom.

3. In high school, I planned to name my first girl Alana Starbreeze and my first boy Japheth Alexander.

4. Whenever I see my favorite slippas (flip-flops) at the store, I buy all they have in my size because they never have them when I want them.

5. I have an obsession with pictures, mostly those of my own taking.

6. Someday I will be a famous painter and people will want to buy my stuff when I'm dead.

7. I'm a blogstalker. There, I've said it, now I can heal...or stalk to my hearts desire.

8. I greatly dislike calling people I don't know or even those I'm not completely familiar with.

9. I stutter when talking to answering machines...its a brain malfunction.

10. I worked as a telemarketer for 2 1/2 hours. I hated it that much.

11. I still have 2 baby teeth (its genetic).

12. Because of #11, my bottom teeth need serious work but I just can't seem to make the phone call to see the dentist (probably because of #8).

13. I still can't seem to figure out how to get a really cool background on my blog...so I went to white.

14. My dream career would be to go to school forever and learn everything and never have to apply it AND get paid for it.

15. I like the idea and beauty of the beach but not the beach itself. The sand everywhere, the salt water rushing at you, the sunscreen, the crouds of mostly naked people, the ratted windblown bush hair afterward, etc basically turn me off to it. Man I sound like a grouch!

16. In 6th grade, my teacher gave us an extra recess and made us play basketball. I didn't know how to play and wanted to sit out (to save a little embarrassment). She wouldn't let me and the kids yelled at me (traveled down to the wrong basket and threw the ball...and missed) and I cried. I have since learned how to play but still don't like the game.

17. John is 4 days older than I.

18. I used to go to the library during lunch in high school...mostly my senior year.

19. Growing up, most of my friends were one, two, or three years older than me.

20. I love math.

21. One day during 9th grade P.E. we were running a mile...I was so slow that when I got around the 3rd lap my teacher thought I was done and told me what a good job I had done and that was my fastest mile yet. I just let her think that and went in to shower.

22. I love calendars. I would have 5 of them if it was practical...wait...I might just have 5...

23. I can get talked into almost anything that doesn't involve money.

24. I LOVE games.

25. I sent 85 Christmas Cards this year and felt guilty that I hadn't sent them to everyone I have ever met.

26. Music and I go hand in hand...where I am, there will be music.

27. I wouldn't mind living on a boat. I never have and if I tried it I might change my mind, but the thought is very appealing to me at times.

28. When I get the chance to read a book, I do nothing until I read the whole thing and then...if its a really good book...I walk around with a dazed-half-smile look on my face for hours afterward.

29. I love the early morning. There's just something so peaceful, quiet and fresh about it.

30. I'm a cheese addict.

31. I learned to type in high school but was never really fast.

32. I lived in a house called Val Halla in college. The house had 10 rooms total (that's with 3 bathrooms) and 10 girls living in it. I had my own 5' x 10' room.

33. I love cozy nooks.

34. I hide and jump out at people in the dark.

35. Cooking and baking are 2 things I do well. Deciding what to cook or bake is not.

36. I love looking at wedding cakes.

37. When I try to do something really "artsy", I can see the finished product in my head but when I finally finish it, it is almost always a huge disappointment.

38. I need to find something to feed the missionaries tonight but have yet to find something that sounds good.

39. My favorite smell is clean laundry.

40. I have a mild case of road rage.

41. I rarely buy anything at full price.

42. I still remember a poem I memorized when I was in 2nd grade.

43. John's dad and my dad have the same first name.

44. I am currently working on two different cross-stitch items (amongst many, many other projects)...one I started 11 years ago, the other 5 years ago.

45. The only bee sting I ever had was when I stepped on a bee at age 7 (I wasn't wearing shoes in a big flowery field) and my brother gave me a piggy back ride all the way home.

46. I used to think I was pretty tough, but the older I get more sappy I become.

47. Okay...this may not end up being 100 because I've saved at around 67 or so and then when I came back, 20 of them are MISSING. Very frustrating...(I'm going to try still though)

48. Speaking of frustrating....when I get really frustrated I tend to throw things, nothing breakable or damaging but I do and it helps. I sometimes also yell...Miss Fabulous has started picking that up though.

49. I have never been on a roller coaster. I just know that the one time I get on one, it will malfunction and I will be the only one to fall to my death.

50. Anything I can do, John can to better. Yep, and he sews too. And...its kinda nice.

51. I have tried to write a book about 6 different times and each time I lost interest about 3 pages in.

52. I want to learn how to clog. Not tap, although that might be fun too, but clogging seems less girly and more fun.

53. I used to go in my older sister's room and move things around just for the fun of it.

54. We have moved 8 times in 7 1/2 years of marriage. Are we officially nomads?

55. I have a subscription to Elegant Bride magazine. It was free.

56. I would love to take an Alaskan cruise. A really long one. When I finally do, I will probably wander aimlessly through life, my dreams having been fulfilled.

57. I love the Little House on the Prairie books.

58. I love to watch the stars.

59. I've never broken a bone.

60. I'm one of those moms who take their kids to school and want to stay there, just to watch them. I've already tried that in Sunbeams. Miss Fabulous doesn't care if I'm there or not but I just can't seem to let go completely.

61. I prefer blue ink pens to any other color.

62. I like to play ultimate frisbee and I actually used to be pretty good at it.

63. I admire many many people and none of then are famous.

64. Someday I would like to vote FOR someone and not Against everyone else.

65. I scrapbook about twice a year and do about twenty pages at a time. No, they aren't amazing but its fun and I think they turn out pretty good.

66. I like little purses. If it can be considered a "bag", no way. I just need room for my cell phone, a few cards a pen and the keys. Sometimes I still wish for baggy pants with lots of pockets. I am slightly strange that way.

67. I miss fires on the beach. You really can't do that here and that was probably my favorite thing about the beach in Oregon.

68. I have a canal through the middle of my backyard. Well maybe not quite a canal but a ditch nonetheless.

69. Bill and Ted...John and Miss Fabulous love them.

70. Every time I hear "I'm Already There" I get all teary-eyed.

71. I love Thoroughly Modern Millie and Pirates of Penzance.

72. I have a Bunco night.

73. I'm struggling. Seriously...who knew 100 was such a big number. $100 doesn't seem like much, neither does 100 miles or 100 mini M&Ms.

74. I like to keep my nails short.

75. I sell candles but I'm not very good at it, mostly because I don't feel they're a necessity (even though they are wonderful) and I am not very pushy.

76. I joined marching band in high school just to go on the trip to Hollywood (Universal Studios, Disneyland, and Six Flags)...I didn't care if I was second to last chair in the flute section...I still got to go.

77. I was grounded so much in high school for breaking curfew but didn't really care because we only really did stuff every few weeks anyway so I didn't ever really miss out on anything. I paved the way for a later curfew for my younger siblings.

78. I am 5' 7" tall.

79. I don't think I'm going to make it to 100...sooooo....yes, I'm going to quit. No, I'm not going to regret it. Yes, if I think of more things I'll add them to future posts and refer to them as part of the 100.

80. I hope you love all you do and think of any imperfections you might have as just strange little quirks. I love being quirky. :0)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News