Halloween Shhhmorgasbord
We had a happy Halloween around here. Quite a busy one too, I might add. Miss Fabulous had ballet class and then had a meltdown because she had worn her ballet clothes and everyone else was in their costumes. So we went home early and got ready to go from house to house gathering candy from strangers.
John's parents sent the kids some cards that looked like masks. They though the cards were so cool! Dash didn't really care. He did NOT want to sit and pose for a picture either. I appropriately blog-named him.
He was also not very happy to be restrained at the community Halloween party.
Star had a meltdown of sorts when I tried to take her picture. We are just all melting down around here.
I talked him into smiling for a picture.
Thank goodness I didn't have to beg Miss Fabulous for a smile! She wanted to be a deer. She was adamant about it too. She LOVED her costume and I'm glad she is so easy to please!
Star's real costume: Princess Leia. This one wasn't done in time for the community Halloween party so I had just put her in one of our dress-up outfits. She was so much more cooperative in the Princess Leia costume!
Yoda and Luke Skywalker. I was most of the way through making Yoda's costume when a neighbor told me she had one that would fit Dash. I opted for borrowing rather than stressing over whether it would be done in time. I still sort of regret not finishing it, but what's done is done (and what's not is not...HA!).
My two little cuties! Star just loves that Dash!
And now...since I've had more than my share of craziness lately and haven't been able to post my thankfulness on here for several days:
Day 2: I'm thankful for the opportunities I have to serve others. I'm really trying to reach out more and help others in my circle and beyond. I do what I can and hope someday I will be able to do more, but for now I will be grateful for the times I do have what it takes to help others!
Day 3: I'm thankful for sherbet and popcorn. Not together, but individually.
Day 4: I'm thankful for a supportive and loving husband. I love that man!
Day 5: I'm thankful for my crockpot and other kitchen gadgets that make preparing meals so much easier. I'm seriously in soup mode lately and LOVE that my crockpot cooks them all day and fills my house with yummy smells and, in the end, we have a delicious and warm dinner!
I hope to continue this for the month of November. I need to be so much better about remembering what I am thankful for and enjoy the blessings I have been given. I have so much! I live a blessed life.
Comments