I have so much to post
but I lack the brain power and energy to actually post it. I have pictures waiting to be organized and loaded, but its just not going to happen because at this point there's way too much to even try to catch up. So, I will write a few more letters.
Dear Star,
You are seriously trying to drive me crazy. We do not color on sheets, walls, floors, skin (yours OR your brother's), books (unless designated otherwise), furniture, appliances, etc. We color on coloring paper ONLY. Please understand this and obey. We also do not empty entire tubes of toothpaste all over the bathroom. While it is a fantastic sparkly blue, it is not a toy. We do not play with it.
Please stop ripping up books, cutting up shirts, jumping on your brother, grabbing knives and running with them, climbing bookshelves, getting into the DVDs, sneaking the iPod and the fish crackers and the pepperoni and the measuring spoons, and all other mass destruction. It isn't funny and I don't enjoy being angry at you.
On the other hand, I love how good you generally are with Dash. He LOVES you and you can be so sweet to him. I still love it when you cook for me. You sing beautifully and I love that you love to sing. You are a beautiful and vibrant girl. I only hope to aim you in the right direction.
No matter how much yelling I do, I still love you. I want the best for you.
Love Always,
Your Mom
Dear Miss Fabulous,
Oh what can I say. You are silly and smart and forgetful and headstrong and exciting. You bring out the best and the worst in me. I see so much of myself in you and yet, at the same time, you are an unfamiliar creature. You view the world as your friend, there aren't any strangers. Any shyness is false. You literally bounce off walls. You hide your emotions and you keep everything to yourself. Or maybe you just keep it from me? You are so responsible, I often forget you are so young. I'm sorry for that. I will try harder to let you enjoy your childhood, but that doesn't mean no chores. Yes, I'm mean and you can say that I don't love you or care about you, but you and I both know THAT isn't true.
You are an amazing big sister. Those two little ones couldn't ask for a better one. You are sweet and patient with them...possibly a better mother than myself. They respond to you and they wait for you to come home every day. Star asks about you several times during the day. If only the other kids could see you as Star and Dash see you. You will be loved by your peers, but you may have to be patient with them too. Too many of your peers think that different is bad. You are a GREAT different.
I love you. I love our time together. I love reading Mandy together. I love that you love all the things I enjoy. Be good. Be obedient. Listen. Be brave. Learn. Be you.
Love Forever,
Your mom
Dear Dash,
What are you thinking trying to stand at 7 months? Don't you know you are supposed to be a baby? You are supposed to slowly crawl/scoot around, mouth toys, babble, stay in the same general area. You are not supposed to be doing chin-ups in your crib, pushing buttons on the electronics, getting into cupboards, and you REALLY shouldn't be pulling yourself up on things, climbing, and trying to stand on your own. You have hit your head so many times from falling, I may have to get you a helmet to protect that little head.
You inherited your father's hollow leg. I can already tell that you are going to try to eat us out of house and home.
Please nap. You need it (you are a baby after all) and lets face it, I need it too. Thank you for being a great sleeper at night though. You are amazingly good natured. I love you my sweet, sweet boy!
Love for eternity,
Your mom
Dear me,
Relax. Calm down. Stop being so anxious about the condition of the house. Stop screaming. Pick up a paint brush every once in a while. You know you miss it. Pray more, read more. Plan, but don't rely too heavily on those plans. Be flexible. Run. You like it, I know you do. Deep, deep, deep, DEEP down you know you like running.
You are Primary President now. You are pretty good at it. The kids like it and MF gets to see you as fun and happy for a change. Maybe try and bring some of that enthusiasm home? It just might work.
You finally get the chance to volunteer in MF's class. You LOVE it. You should get out more. Really.
Be patient. Listen. Be brave. Be you. Love.
Love,
Me
Dear Star,
You are seriously trying to drive me crazy. We do not color on sheets, walls, floors, skin (yours OR your brother's), books (unless designated otherwise), furniture, appliances, etc. We color on coloring paper ONLY. Please understand this and obey. We also do not empty entire tubes of toothpaste all over the bathroom. While it is a fantastic sparkly blue, it is not a toy. We do not play with it.
Please stop ripping up books, cutting up shirts, jumping on your brother, grabbing knives and running with them, climbing bookshelves, getting into the DVDs, sneaking the iPod and the fish crackers and the pepperoni and the measuring spoons, and all other mass destruction. It isn't funny and I don't enjoy being angry at you.
On the other hand, I love how good you generally are with Dash. He LOVES you and you can be so sweet to him. I still love it when you cook for me. You sing beautifully and I love that you love to sing. You are a beautiful and vibrant girl. I only hope to aim you in the right direction.
No matter how much yelling I do, I still love you. I want the best for you.
Love Always,
Your Mom
Dear Miss Fabulous,
Oh what can I say. You are silly and smart and forgetful and headstrong and exciting. You bring out the best and the worst in me. I see so much of myself in you and yet, at the same time, you are an unfamiliar creature. You view the world as your friend, there aren't any strangers. Any shyness is false. You literally bounce off walls. You hide your emotions and you keep everything to yourself. Or maybe you just keep it from me? You are so responsible, I often forget you are so young. I'm sorry for that. I will try harder to let you enjoy your childhood, but that doesn't mean no chores. Yes, I'm mean and you can say that I don't love you or care about you, but you and I both know THAT isn't true.
You are an amazing big sister. Those two little ones couldn't ask for a better one. You are sweet and patient with them...possibly a better mother than myself. They respond to you and they wait for you to come home every day. Star asks about you several times during the day. If only the other kids could see you as Star and Dash see you. You will be loved by your peers, but you may have to be patient with them too. Too many of your peers think that different is bad. You are a GREAT different.
I love you. I love our time together. I love reading Mandy together. I love that you love all the things I enjoy. Be good. Be obedient. Listen. Be brave. Learn. Be you.
Love Forever,
Your mom
Dear Dash,
What are you thinking trying to stand at 7 months? Don't you know you are supposed to be a baby? You are supposed to slowly crawl/scoot around, mouth toys, babble, stay in the same general area. You are not supposed to be doing chin-ups in your crib, pushing buttons on the electronics, getting into cupboards, and you REALLY shouldn't be pulling yourself up on things, climbing, and trying to stand on your own. You have hit your head so many times from falling, I may have to get you a helmet to protect that little head.
You inherited your father's hollow leg. I can already tell that you are going to try to eat us out of house and home.
Please nap. You need it (you are a baby after all) and lets face it, I need it too. Thank you for being a great sleeper at night though. You are amazingly good natured. I love you my sweet, sweet boy!
Love for eternity,
Your mom
Dear me,
Relax. Calm down. Stop being so anxious about the condition of the house. Stop screaming. Pick up a paint brush every once in a while. You know you miss it. Pray more, read more. Plan, but don't rely too heavily on those plans. Be flexible. Run. You like it, I know you do. Deep, deep, deep, DEEP down you know you like running.
You are Primary President now. You are pretty good at it. The kids like it and MF gets to see you as fun and happy for a change. Maybe try and bring some of that enthusiasm home? It just might work.
You finally get the chance to volunteer in MF's class. You LOVE it. You should get out more. Really.
Be patient. Listen. Be brave. Be you. Love.
Love,
Me
Comments