For some reason I work better this way

I can't seem to think of anything to write about unless I'm writing letters so...

Dear Laura,
Things will get better. Eventually you will have a bigger kitchen and even a home of your own. Unfortunately you will always be left-handed in a right-handed world (blame our parents...hahahaha!). You just tell KitchenAid exactly what you think. Put a hook on the wall by the door for your purse, believe me, it works. TAKE time for you. I should follow this advice myself. Go for a walk, grocery shop by yourself, run away if you have to, but do it. Even 30 minutes (if you can spare them) can make all the difference. Also, learn to say no, maybe, and I will if I am able. Call. I will answer if I hear my phone. You know how I am.


Dear Miss Fabulous,
You don't really hate me. You love me and some day, in about 13 years or so, you will thank me for not letting you be naughty. Or not letting you get away with being naughty. People will love you with or without glasses because are always bursting with excitement and treat everyone as a friend...usually. Don't worry, we'll work on things together and you will thrive! Please continue to have patience with Star. She just might be your best friend in about 20 years. Sorry you have to wait so long for things but the best things are worth waiting for! You are doing wonderfully on this summer schedule. We are going to have a great time this summer! Let me know what you want to do for your birthday, within reason.


Dear Star,
You are cute and sassy. It is true that some things are yours, but not everything. Please stop hitting Miss Fabulous on the head with stuff. I know you get a great reaction out of it and I know how fun THAT can be, but you seriously have to stop. I won't blame your sister at all if she clocks you on the head with something someday in return. Everyone has a breaking point and you are pushing that line with your sister. Can't you be as gentle with MF as you are with Dash?
On another note, you are an excellent chef. Thank you for cooking up plastic deliciousness for me and serving it to me on a golden platter! You are the best little helper!


Dear Calendar,
Why are you so full? Stop devouring days so fast! I barely have time to blink and then another MONTH has gone by and I'm gasping for breath trying to keep up! Do you think you can squeeze a vacation in there? I know you have to deal with Youth Conference and Scout camp, Farm days and Museum days, Sundays, softball, dinner menus, library visits, and playdates, but I really do think you must have a day somewhere where this little family can just have a fun day together. Right? right?


Dear Weather,
Thank you for cooperating. It is greatly appreciated.


Dear Cook Family,
We will be visiting Arizona at Christmas time this year. We would love to see you and all those wonderful boys! We miss you and hope you are doing well! We love you guys!


To my new walking/running shoes,
Thanks for the miles minus the blisters. The old ones have nothing on your wonderful comfort! You have great color and bounce. I am now your biggest fan.


To the nasty flies and mosquitos,
Go away. Now.


Dear Readers,
Thank you. I love you all. Sorry I'm not consistent. That's the story of my life. Your comments lift me up and give me courage to keep fightin' the fight. You are all wonderful in your own amazing way! I hope you are all my neighbors in heaven.
Love,
Me

Comments

MitchellFamily said…
I think you are an amazing woman! Your kids and hubby are so lucky to have you! Rock on my friend!
Stofam said…
LOVE it! We sure mis you around here!! And P.S. what brand/type are your new running shoes?? I may need some after the baby is born!!
Kate said…
The K-Swiss tubes. My feet dislike Nike something fierce, but I LOVE all K-Swiss...so far.

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News