To Whom it May Concern

(I took this idea from a friend's blog)

Dear Friends and Family,
We are nearing the end of our 4 years in Hawaii. It has been fun and quite the adventure! We have absolutely LOVED having so many visitors. It helps us get out of our daily routine and see the wonders of this little island in the middle of a vast and beautiful ocean. We have roughly 3 months left until we head out of here to Massachusetts (hopefully). If you care to visit before we leave, please let me know now so I can plan and prepare. March 3-9 and 15-21 are taken already. Thank you to those who have been able to make it out here and to the rest, we are sorry you weren't able to come...you are more than welcome to come to our next home.
Love,
Us

Dear Midweek,
I do not read you. I dislike getting you in my mailbox every week. You are killing trees for nothing. No one in my neighborhood wants you. Please discontinue service. Seriously.

Dear America,
Never mind...this letter would be way too long if I wrote everything. Just please be good. Watch your spending. Save food, electricity, and the beauty of this land. Plant a garden. Be good neighbors. Learn all you can about doing things without electricity. You never know if/when you will need it. Remember God. I love you for your good, and fear because of your bad.
Do good things America!
Sincerely,
Me

Dear Star,
You are adorable. I love that I can put your hair in ponytails and that you just let me do it too. You have such bright blue eyes and your fake cough is so cute, I just can't help but love everything about you! The fact that you are the size of most kids twice your age does not affect me. You are still the cutest baby around.
Star, I need your help. You are the only one who can stop you from waking up at 4 a.m. every morning. 4 a.m. is a difficult time. Its too early to stay up and too late to go back to sleep. If you could please cooperate by waiting just one hour (or longer would be fine!), when mommy's already awake or has gone on her "run" it would be most helpful.
Love always and forever,
Your mom

Dear Miss Fabulous,
You are an amazing girl! I can't believe you are old enough to be losing teeth. I'm still in shock that you are nearing the end of your kindergarten career. You make me smile every time you read to me and I love your letters even more. You are creative and smart and have a beautiful face with the most adorable sprinkling of freckles. How is it that you can be mine? I love that you still think I know all about pretty much everything and that you value my advice on style and fashion. You'll soon find out that I'm wrong and that I know nothing. I hope you keep your sweetness and excitement. As much as I'd like to see you sit in your seat during your classes and stop twirling everywhere, I'd also hate to see you lose your energetic little spirit! You sing constantly and love unconditionally. You make me want to be the best mom EVER! I love you. Now go give your teacher a run for her money!!!
Love forever and ever and ever,
Your mom

Dear Blog,
I'm sorry you get what's left of my time and energy. You are a great outlet. Don't ever change...except your background and music. You can change those. Okay fine. I'll do it when I get the chance.
Your friend,
Me

Comments

Leslie said…
I feel it only fair.
Dear Katie, I love your spunk and independence. I love that you are such a great mom to two of the most awesome little girls and that you are always striving to be better. I love that you are brave enough to depend on John and Heavenly Father a live in different places even if it makes it hard for us to see you as much as we would like. Love you guys, Mom
Hehehe...sweet and so true. Book me for one of those free weeks and then rob a bank for me to get there, k? And steal my calendars and church and family and friends so that I have the time.
Great.
Thanks.
We would have a blast with your family, I just know it.
Love,
Keri

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News