Its Birthday time again!

Today is John's birthday. He gets the day off on his birthday. So John, Rachel (my cousin), and Travis (Rachel's husband) are all going surfing early this morning and then R&T are going parasailing while the rest of us hit WallyWorld to buy some new boogie boards. All 3 of ours were accidentally left at Bellows last week and when John got back there, someone had already taken them. Sad, but we figured they wouldn't be there. You just can't trust people to do the right thing. So then we are going back to get R&T and heading out to have a little fun at the beach and then to Hale'iwa Joes for some delicious birthday dinner!
Travis and Rachel are heading home tonight. They've stayed with us for a week and, although I have some, blogger won't let me load the pictures I've taken. It'll have to wait I guess.
I finally went to get my eyes checked. Its been 3 years. I now have to have reading glasses in addition to my every-day glasses. Plus, my eyes are at a point that I will never again be able to see really well with contacts. Now if I want sunglasses, I have to buy yet another pair of really expensive glasses...or get the changing ones. *sigh* I must be getting old.
Miss Fabulous is STILL getting into trouble at school and I wish I knew what she is doing so I could work with her on it. This ZERO communication between myself and her long term SUB is driving me crazy! Seriously, sub, if you would like her behavior to change, you have to LET ME KNOW so I can work with her at home! Otherwise, you may as well bang your head against a brick wall...its THAT effective. She is still GREAT at home, so I don't know what the school's problem is. She is Star's favorite!
Star is trying to crawl. Well, she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks. She gets around easily enough without crawling though. She has learned to roll but I doubt she likes it since she doesn't do it often. She is also sitting on her own with just a few "roll-overs". She watches everything we do...especially when we eat. I'm pretty sure she doesn't find it fair that our food is so colorful and hers is mostly just white and muted shades of green or orange. Her time will come.
I am wondering where all my days are going. January flew by and soon it will be May and we will be in the middle of a move. No Orders yet and the rumor is that we won't be getting them until the end of March now...which just means that it will be another rush move. Harder, but it will still happen and we are excited to be making plans and thinking about all the people we get to see along the way!
John has been dubbed the office goof-off and the "ring leader" of all goofing off. All the work in the office gets done by all and morale is high, but apparently there's a problem and John is the cause. Hurray for bosses who don't like to enjoy their job!!! Hopefully it doesn't affect John negatively in his career.
Well, I've got to go get ready for the day. Its going to be a busy one!

Comments

Heffalump said…
Happy Birthday John!

Katie, I think you should send a letter to the sub explaining that you can't help her if you don't know the details of Miss Fab's behaviour problems at school.
Heffalump said…
...And if the sub doesn't respond, then go over her head and talk to the higher ups.
MitchellFamily said…
Happy Birthday John! Hope you enjoy your day.

I find that e-mailing the teacher is an effective means of communicating. We don't usually have time for a sit down chat but e-mailing is faster and easier for us. Perhaps that may be an option for you? Good luck.:-)

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News