As per your request: Newborn Baby!

Our little Star is here! She came at 12:32 pm on Monday, August 10, 2009. She was 9 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21" long. I'm pretty sure she was ready to come because I swear she broke my water! Crazy...but so true!
The view from my L&D room. I never did see this myself but I'm glad there was something to look at for the other people in the room. :0)
My nurse, Penny. :0)
Playing the waiting game. Labor stalled when I was at an 8 so we were waiting a while.
Goofing around.
She's finally here!
Poor girl came so fast at the end that she was bruised all over her face. We still think she's cute!
Spreading the news.
Miss Fabulous meets Star.
After the bruising had gone down some
Going home!
We are getting accustomed to our tiny girl around the house. She's a lot of fun and we are so happy to have her!

Comments

Becky said…
So the name is.....?
The Monkey Bugs said…
Adorable overload!!!
And was that you smiling??? During Labor??? That's something you wouldn't see me doing! You look great!
Hope your little family is adjusting well, and that you get a few naps in here and there.
When are you guys transferring?
Congratulations!! That is so exciting, she is so cute! So is her name really Star?
Kate said…
Does no one check Facebook? lol :0)

No, we named her Penny Elizabeth...which we thought was so funny since the nurse ended up having the same name (well, first name anyway).

M-we are transferring next year...probably May or June. Looking at going back to Washington or Oregon. When do you transfer?
Fooferoo said…
She's adorable, congratulations!
Kate said…
She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the headband :) See you this afternoon!
Amber Ray said…
What a chunky girl, how cute! I know big babies too, my last three where all ver 9 pounds. My last was 10 even, yeah, bruising, his eye was blood shot, but at least it gets better. How are you feeling? Recouperating okay? I hope all is well. Good luck adjusting.
Jamie Sue said…
Awww, she's adorable!! Congrats!
Yay! I'm glad she's finally here! She was adorable, despite all the bruising (which I might add was very impressive). Congrats and enjoy all the new baby moments - they're exhausting but irreplaceable!
Heffalump said…
Wahoo! I go out of town for five days and look what I missed! Congratulations!
Erickson Family said…
AWWWW!! She is adorable! And I love the name Penny. That is so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News