Hey, I'm on Vaycay

I'm trying to keep up on my blogging a little even though I'm not home and have been having fun with my family and helping get things ready for my sister's wedding.
Our plane ride out was interesting and made me wonder why I didn't just pay the extra money for a direct flight. First, I bought our tickets way back in January or February and had my itinerary on my email. Sunday I came home from church and went to pack up everything I had laid out thinking I had 2 1/2 hours to mess with it all. John went to check us in online and we then found out that the flight was an hour earlier than my email itinerary had said. It was a mad rush from that point on and Miss Fab and I had to head to the airport without dinner. I had booked through D but ended up flying on N and S, who are affiliated with D. Since I booked with D, I went to D to check our bag...then found out that we had to walk to the other end of the airport to the N desk to do that. Eventually we were on the plane and, while MF slept for the entire 5 hour flight, I may have gotten 2 hours if you put the short bouts of sleep together. Well, we landed in LA an hour earlier (since our flight was an hour earlier) and I wondered what we would do for 3 hours before our next flight. HA! I needn't have worried! We got off the plane and found out we had to get over 3 terminals to check in at D this time, who couldn't find our itinerary. Eventually it was found and we went to go through security (again!) and stood in line there for nearly 30 minutes. I have never seen a security line that long! We got through security with enough time to stop at a shop and get a drink (remember we had missed dinner the night before and were now missing breakfast!) really quick before getting to the gate and going right on the plane. I guess its kinda good that I didn't have to entertain MF at all in between flights! She was so good and didn't complain one bit about hiking all over the airports, especially with only 5 hours of sleep!
So anyway, we're here and running around to all kinds of shops trying to get things together for the wedding. My mom just got here a few days before me and my sister just has really needed some help so now we are putting a wedding together in 2 weeks. At least she has the dress and the date set, flowers ordered, and invitations sent.
We took Friday evening off to go enjoy a really fun chalk festival downtown at the Gateway. Here are some pictures:
They had an area where the kids could do their own chalk drawings so we let MF have fun there for a little while!
This one was AMAZING! Most of the artists had a picture laying out of what the end result would be. I loved how real this one was...the picture doesn't do it justice!
Probably my favorite! I'm a big fan of Rosie!
Several more...they were all so good!
MF playing with the other kids in the water fountain. She was soaked by the end but we had a change of clothes for her. Did I mention its been pretty cold here?She didn't really want to actually stand in the water jets but loved sticking her hand over where the water would shoot out. She had fun and said her favorite part was standing in the "water smoke". She just makes us laugh all the time!

Comments

rachbug said…
You did come just in time for a chilly, rainy week. I should warm up the next couple days though. Glad you're having fun. How long are you here?
shelley d said…
Katie!
I can't remember if I have ever told you congrats about your new baby! I check your very funny blog from time to time, it's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Sorry I don't comment more often. I'm LOVING your music. I think I may have to steal some of your songs and put them on my list too. So glad you survived that crazy airport experience. What on earth are you doing flying so close to your due date?!! Crazy woman. Anyway, have a great vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News