Your Mom Goes to College
I've been wondering lately why I keep this blog. I've decided its because I like the option. So it stays and I post every 6 months or so and we have this strange relationship of me talking to myself, basically, because I'm pretty sure no one reads it. Okay.
I started back to college in January. I made the decision and then jumped through hoops to get everything in order to begin. I didn't think it would be as difficult as it was, but I guess it could have been worse. I started with Math 98, Business Law, and Microeconomics. I dropped Math 98 (which I was taking as a refresher...not needed) by the end of the first week because I was already 2 weeks ahead of everyone and it seemed like a waste of time and money. I added Zumba and Hard Core to bump me up to 12 credits. Business Law was not terribly hard and I enjoyed the class. I got a 3.9 in it, so not bad. Microeconomics demanded the majority of my time, patience, and brain power. I ended up with a 4.0. 4.0 in Zumba and 3.9 in Hard Core too.
I REALLY like going to school. I'm trying to find a balance between school and family. My house was a disaster the entire Winter quarter and I was hoping to get it back to clean before Spring quarter, but that didn't happen. This quarter I'm taking Engineering 101, Accounting 201, and Statistics. I like my classes pretty well so far. I can tell Statistics is going to be my big workload this quarter.
The kids are sure growing. MF is nearly as tall as me and is most of the way through her freshmen year...only in middle school She's struggling a lot. She doesn't want to do school, but loves her Japanese class and mostly likes band. She's hoping she'll like band next year when she's actually at the High School. Her grades are not great. I've tried to get her to let me help her, but so far, no dice. She complains about not having friends, but I think the real issues is that the friends she has don't invite her out and that she doesn't have a phone so she can't just call them.
Star and Dash are the same size now. Dash just turned 8, Star will be 10 in August. Star is liked ok at school, but she has a sassy mouth that gets her in trouble sometimes. She also complains about not having friends, but she goes out to play with the kids in the neighborhood almost every day. School is going ok for her, but she doesn't love it. She doesn't love anything that doesn't move quickly or isn't her idea in the first place. She is still the sweetest kid to anyone who doesn't feel well or is hurt. Or babies...she loves babies. Dash tried basketball again and I think he liked it, but you can tell when he plays that he doesn't get a lot of practice in. He's doing REALLY well in school and loves all sorts of puzzle and strategy games (that's my boy!!!).
Rose is loving kindergarten and is an excellent little reader. She broke her arm about 5 weeks ago and just got her cast off this week. She was SO excited to wear her feet pajamas again! She also turned 6 this week! I can't believe how quickly time has gone. Rose still plays so well by herself, but is pretty great with whomever will play with her. She likes puzzles too and loves being outside.
Well, that's probably enough of an update. I'll think about more to write...in another 6 months! hahahaha ❤
I started back to college in January. I made the decision and then jumped through hoops to get everything in order to begin. I didn't think it would be as difficult as it was, but I guess it could have been worse. I started with Math 98, Business Law, and Microeconomics. I dropped Math 98 (which I was taking as a refresher...not needed) by the end of the first week because I was already 2 weeks ahead of everyone and it seemed like a waste of time and money. I added Zumba and Hard Core to bump me up to 12 credits. Business Law was not terribly hard and I enjoyed the class. I got a 3.9 in it, so not bad. Microeconomics demanded the majority of my time, patience, and brain power. I ended up with a 4.0. 4.0 in Zumba and 3.9 in Hard Core too.
I REALLY like going to school. I'm trying to find a balance between school and family. My house was a disaster the entire Winter quarter and I was hoping to get it back to clean before Spring quarter, but that didn't happen. This quarter I'm taking Engineering 101, Accounting 201, and Statistics. I like my classes pretty well so far. I can tell Statistics is going to be my big workload this quarter.
The kids are sure growing. MF is nearly as tall as me and is most of the way through her freshmen year...only in middle school She's struggling a lot. She doesn't want to do school, but loves her Japanese class and mostly likes band. She's hoping she'll like band next year when she's actually at the High School. Her grades are not great. I've tried to get her to let me help her, but so far, no dice. She complains about not having friends, but I think the real issues is that the friends she has don't invite her out and that she doesn't have a phone so she can't just call them.
Star and Dash are the same size now. Dash just turned 8, Star will be 10 in August. Star is liked ok at school, but she has a sassy mouth that gets her in trouble sometimes. She also complains about not having friends, but she goes out to play with the kids in the neighborhood almost every day. School is going ok for her, but she doesn't love it. She doesn't love anything that doesn't move quickly or isn't her idea in the first place. She is still the sweetest kid to anyone who doesn't feel well or is hurt. Or babies...she loves babies. Dash tried basketball again and I think he liked it, but you can tell when he plays that he doesn't get a lot of practice in. He's doing REALLY well in school and loves all sorts of puzzle and strategy games (that's my boy!!!).
Rose is loving kindergarten and is an excellent little reader. She broke her arm about 5 weeks ago and just got her cast off this week. She was SO excited to wear her feet pajamas again! She also turned 6 this week! I can't believe how quickly time has gone. Rose still plays so well by herself, but is pretty great with whomever will play with her. She likes puzzles too and loves being outside.
Well, that's probably enough of an update. I'll think about more to write...in another 6 months! hahahaha ❤
Comments