Mothers Day Letter 2012

Dear Miss Fabulous,
You make me happy, sad, proud, frustrated, crazy, nervous.  How can one little person do so much?  How can this mother be so reactive? 
You are like a little adult so often that sometimes I forget just how small you really are.  You use phrases and words that don't come out of your average 7-year-old.  You make me laugh and shake my head.  I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out, throwing things, screaming at the top of my lungs when you stubbornly refuse to do anything.  I often wonder what can be in store for someone so strong-willed and so not willing to take my word for things.  I hurt for you if you REALLY want to learn everything the hard way.  Some people are like that and I just hope that you come out of this life unscathed.
I have made plans to homeschool you next year.  This is a VERY hard decision for me.  I want you to have lots of friends, to learn to stand up for yourself, to be able to eat lunch with your friends.  I also want you to learn math, science, geography, cursive, piano, everything you have an interest in and not have to wait for a large portion of the other kids to catch up.  This is where you get into trouble.
I want you to trust me.  Trust that I know what I'm talking about.  Trust that I want the best for you and will never lead you where you shouldn't be. 
You are a great big sister.  Those little ones love you and wait for you all day.  You need to remember that when you are poking them and they are tired and crying.  You also need to remember that when they take your things and run.  They just want you to play with them.  I know you love playing with them, but I do realize that you would like some time with people your own age.  I DO know that, and I feel your pain.  I just don't know what to do about it.
Please be patient with me.  I'm still in learning mode (and probably always will be).  Trust me.  Remember I love you.  You are my first born and will always have a special place in my heart. 
Love, Mom


Dear Star,
Please stop repeating everything a million times at the top of your lungs.  I heard you the first thousand times, you don't need to keep going.  Also, please remember that there are 3 children in this house (4 if you count your dad...which I do) and I can only do so much at the same time.  There are times that you are just going to have to WAIT.  Yes, I'm serious.
You are delightful, curious, sweet, loud, stubborn, mischievous, bouncy, energetic, fun, and "happy".  I only put the Happy in quotes because you keep saying you are happy when you are crying or you are trying to get out of going to bed or when you are in trouble.  You are the funniest little thing. 
I love that you love to cook, I wish our kitchen was a little bigger or better thought out so you could help me a little easier.  I love that you are so good with your little brother.  Please let him sleep!  I love that you think you are big enough to stop me from going into a room or out of a room...how you stand in the doorway with your feet/legs as wide as you can get them and hands stretched out.  Do you even realize where you get your stubbornness from? 
You need to be nicer to Miss Fabulous.  Stop hitting her over the head with stuff and she might stop tying your hair in knots.  You two may be the only sisters you have so cooperate with one another.  I understand the age difference is an issue.  It will only get worse before it gets better.  Learn to get along NOW and the tween/teen years will be better for both of you. 
Lastly, I love that you love your nursery leader so much that I can get you to do anything just so you can see her.  Little do you know that you will see her no matter what, but I'm still going to enjoy the leverage while I can. 
I enjoy watching you grow.  I love you always.
Love, Mom



Dear Dash,
Could a mom be luckier than I?  No.  You are the sweetest little boy.  You are SO boy.  I hope that you can make it out of Toddlerhood without a very serious head injury.  You hit your head daily it seems, some worse than others, but it doesn't seem to bother you or slow you down. 
You always have either a ball or a remote in hand.  Recently, golf clubs.  Its amazing how you catch on to things.  You are your daddy's boy for sure!  Quiet, careful, rough, curious, a great snuggler, sweet, happy, and cute as can be.  You are VERY good at throwing a fit if you want to, but can be so incredibly winning at times too.  You are the best little guy!  If we can keep you from hurting yourself, you will be a great man someday!  Don't grow too fast though and remember that I'm Star's mommy too.  You can share.
I love you, sweet boy!
Love, Mom



Dear John,
Thanks for the great Mothers Day.  You did everything for me!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed THAT!



UPDATE: I came back to my blog to do some much needed writing and found this jewel in my drafts.  I wasn’t done with it, so John’s is incomplete and I’m sure there were a couple of Mother’s I wanted to address, but it is what it is.  No, it’s not really from May 2018...but from 6 YEARS ago.  Has time sped by so quickly?  It is an amazing thing!  I need a place to clear my head and this is it.  Welcome to (halfway through) 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News