Make a House a Home

  We found out last week we will not be moving within the next year as expected.  My husband will continue to go out to sea.  We will look forward to putting the Boy into kindergarten here.  Our two eldest girls want to dance in the Nutcracker next year and, most likely, they will.  There are a few races I missed this year, due to ship schedules or my lack of readiness, that I plan to participate in next year.  We want to go camping this next summer, something we missed this last summer because of J's work schedule.  So...its a good thing.  I think.
  The only thing is...I'm tired.  I need to stop overloading myself, but I honestly don't know how.  I don't intentionally schedule every minute of the day.  It just happens.  When someone asks if I can take care of something, I can't even dream up an idea of why not.  Most of the time, I really want to help and I think I can do it.  After all, I'm just a SAHM.  I have plenty of time.  I keep telling myself that and I believe it...until I'm in the midst of crazy and frustration.  And then I kick myself.  And then I get upset at myself for not being able to do all that I planned to do.  Its rough. 
  You see, I forget about the day-to-day and the unforeseen.  There's no planning that.  I can try, but I will ultimately fail.  I can't plan for the youngest to pee her pants just as we are trying to walk out the door.  There's no factoring in just how stubborn any (or all) of the children will be at any given time.  I cannot control when appliances decide they are suddenly tired of working.  And, although I can prepare for most things, I'm fairly human and often forgetful.  This makes my somewhat full calendar, REALLY full. 
  Moving wipes that calendar clean, at least for a little while.  I can blissfully set up the house and explore the area without a schedule.  We check out local events, plant gardens, paint walls, let the kids run free, and relax together in the evening.  Fast forward 3 months and I've found classes/activities/sports that the kids have been begging for and I'm swamped.  Its doable, but its hectic.  I'm grateful the kids want to try things and learn and explore their talents.  I do love watching them learn!
  So, we are staying put and I'm setting goals (more for me to do, HA!).  I'm hoping to make it an effective year.  I have been blessed by my Heavenly Father with a loving family, many talents and skills, and the desire to help.  I know He helps me accomplish the things I NEED to get done.  I'm happy to be staying here for a little longer to work toward my goals and to see and experience a little more of this beautiful area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The List

Nearly 5 weeks...

Our Big News